The Indo Pacific Championships 2014 will be hosted by the South African Gymnasts Federation in the North West Province of South Africa. Cradled within the rolling hills can be found Africa’s Kingdom of Pleasure, namely Sun City, situated 160 km from Johannesburg. By vehicle, it will take approximately 2 hours drive to the Sun City Destination.
The international competition will compromise of the gymnastics disciplines of Individual Trampoline, Synchronized Tramopline, Double Mini Trampoline, Tumbling, and Acrobatic Gymnastics. All Indo Pacific Members have been invited, including Europian countries. Egypt, Namibia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Non Indo Pacific members may compete as invitational participants, they may medal but cannot claim an Indo Pacific Title. Should a gymnast from an invitational country medal, the gymnast from an Indo Pacific member country will receive the same rank and both competitors will receive medals.
The competition venue will be held at Sun City’s famous entertainment arena, the Superbowl. Entry to the Superbowl will be free for all spectators.
Accommodation for participants and spectators will be at the Sun City Hotel or the Cascades Hotel. Spectators may also stay over at the Resort, and can contact the organizing committee to acquire these rates. Call 021 671 4818 for more information.
Spectator Entry Fee
Entry to the Superbowl Arena is free. There is however a R60 entrance / parking fee (per car) upon arrival at Sun City premise.
3 days of Competition from 2 – 4 July 2014.
All competition will comprise of day events, there are no evening /night activities.
The Opening Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 9am. Competition Day 1 thereafter commences.
Click here to view Event Schedule and Programmes.
Driving Directions to Sun City:
From: Johannesburg, O.R. Tambo International Airport (160km @ 2 hr)
- Head south, 650m.
- Take the 2nd right, 350m.
- Take the ramp to Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R21, 220m.
- Keep left at the fork to continue toward Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R21 and merge onto Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R21, 600m.
- Take the exit onto R21, 36.2km.
- Take exit 134 to merge onto Danie Joubert Fwy/N1 toward Polokwane Partial toll road, 22.5km.
- Slight left at Platinum Hwy/N4 (signs for Rustenburg), 63.7km.
- Take the exit toward R556, 550m.
- Turn right at R556 (signs for Bapong), 79.9km.
- Turn right Entering toll zone in 3km, 4.1km.
- Turn right Leaving toll zone in 2.7km.
- Go through 2 roundabouts, 3.2km.
Click on below attachment to view the many “Things to do” at Sun City.