The Men Artistic Gymnastics (MAG) HP Camp, “Japanese Exchange” took place from the 03rd – 06th April 2017. The High Performance camp venue was the National Artistic Academy, Matsport Centre, Centurion.
The South African Gymnastics Federation, in cooperation with the Region 5 Gymnastics Confederation and the International Gymnastics Federation, invited high performance junior MAG gymnasts (focus on YOG age eligible) to attend the camp.
The camp was made possible by the allocation of funding by the FIG via the UAG Zone 3 and the exchange program with the Japanese Gymnastics Federation.
The camp purpose and aims were as follows:
- Continue with the oversight role of the Japanese Federation on the MAG HP development in SA
- Monitor progress since last camp in July 2016
- Plan the preparation of the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) candidates leading up to Africa Championships 2018
- Plan the integration of Junior gymnasts into the senior ranks and competitions
- Continue with upskilling of local coaches
- Provide structure for best gymnasts to train together at our best facility with our best coaches
A vote of thanks is extended to the FIG and Japanese Federation for making this event possible.