Since the start of lockdown, the SAGF has increased its social media presence across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok. Together with our marketing partner – ASEM Engage – we have been tracking what has worked the best across all platforms.
As a result of this process we would like to introduce our latest initiative – #coolmoves.
This is open to all gymnasts of all ages – whether they are back in training at the gym, doing online classes, or still waiting to return to action. It can utilize apparatus or equipment – even non gymnastics equipment. It could be done in an unusual or nontraditional setting. All our disciplines have such an array of different movements that could be used in these videos. Of vital importance is that the movements are FUN, Exciting, Different and are done
in a safe manner and within a safe environment.
This is an opportunity for:
1. Our Gymnasts to show off a skill or a short series of skills – there should be a “cool” factor to the move/s. Something that looks impressive for non-gymnasts and will encourage other gymnasts to give it a try
2. Creation of greater awareness of all disciplines of gymnastics within the broader population
3. Clubs to be able to share the SAGF posts to their Club account, increasing their following
The process for submissions is as follows:
1. All gymnasts and parents MUST agree to the video being submitted, knowing that the video may be used on SAGF Social Media as a well as possibly for training purposes. (Safeguarding policy)
2. The video needs to be emailed to email@example.com – use the name of the gymnast in the subject line. More than 1 submission per gymnast is permitted
3. No music to be included
4. The video needs to be under 15 seconds long
5. Videos must be filmed in the best orientation for the skill/move
6. The skill/move must be presented in a tasteful manner
7. Include the Name and surname of the gymnast, the Club name and email address of the gymnast (parent or Club) in the email
8. Every week a few videos will be chosen to go onto the SAGF social media platforms
9. This initiative will continue for the month of September
10. Gymnast’s whose videos are featured will receive a COOLMOVER certificate in acknowledgement of their “move”
Please be kind enough to send this information to all your gymnasts – of all ages and ability levels – as this broadens the appeal of gymnastics being for all ages and abilities.
The best videos will be featured on a Tuesday on the SAGF social media platforms. A panel of 5 people will evaluate each video based on the following and assign a score (out of 5 for each criteria) for the move.
1. Fun factor
4. Safety and technical quality
The skill/moves that score the highest for the week will be featured.