The South African Gymnastics Federation presents our 2nd National Gymnastics Day (#NGD2016)
which is set to take place this year on Saturday 17th September 2016.
#NGD is a global collaboration, initiated by the USA Gymnastics.
The theme for this year’s event is “Show your Skills”.
SAGF encourages Clubs to support and participate in this campaign – this team effort benefits your Club, Province, Gymnast and Communities.
Participating in this event is very simple – take a look at the following steps:
1. Identify a team to perform
2. Venue – SAGF will help in securing a public venue (mostly shopping centers) for Clubs to participate in #NGD2016
3. Devise your routine – this can be a combination of disciplines. The routine needs to be short and entertaining. In addition a number of interactive displays can be planned, which will enable the gymnasts to interact with the audience.
4. Finalize all logistics – Team uniform, music, duration of routine/displays, equipment (should be limited)
5. Promote #NGD2016 with Club members, your community and schools.
6. Social Media – Upload photos and videos of your displays and performances, using the hashtag #NGD2016 to your profiles, club pages and tag SAGF Facebook page
Over the next few weeks there will be more information communicated on #NGD2016
The Federation encourages all members to participate in this campaign.
Dear Clubs & Provinces
Let us celebrate National Gymnastics Day 2016 (#NGD2016) this September to showcase our sport and promote health and fitness to our schools, communities, friends and family.
The theme for #NGD2016 is “Show your Skills”
Get your team together , put on your best displays – capture these in photos and videos and upload onto the SAGF social media pages (Facebook; Twitter) Tag using the following hash- tags.
#disciplineNGD2016 eg. #artisticmenNGD2016
Use this platform to promote your teams that will be representing your Club and Province at the upcoming National Gym Games 2016 later this year. Showcase your Gym Games Team showing their skills in a display/routine done on #NGD2016
Let’s generate loads of traffic on our social media sites, promoting our sport of gymnastics, celebrating our teams selected for Gym Games 2016 and ultimately showing our skills on how cool gymnastics can be.