The 4 days event took place in Pretoria from the 09-13 December 2019 at Matsport Centre, Tshwane Municipality.
SAGF has been designated to plan and conduct the National School Games 2019 event for the code of gymnastics. This annual School Games event is an initiative by SRSA and has schools from all 9 provinces competing in over 16 codes of sport. The following four of the nine disciplines of SAGF are used for the school gymnastics program:
- Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (Level 2-3) on floor, vault, low -bar and beam
- Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (Level 2-3) on floor, vault, low -bar and parallel bar
- Aerobic Gymnastics (Level 2-3) for individual girls, boys and pairs / mixed pairs
- Rope Skipping (Level 2-3) for routines and individual speed / double under
Gymnastics Provinces which will participate are:
Eastern Cape, Western Cape, Mpumalanga, Kwa Zulu Natal, Free State, Limpopo, North West and Gauteng. Unfortunately, Norther Cape will not take part this year based on a decision of their provincial government to pulling out all their codes due to financial reasons.
The 4 days event will take place in Pretoria at SAGF Gymnastics Centre, Matsport. this year. SAGF host the gymnastics competitions with the leadership of Marti Heri, National Development Manager, Melvin Edwards, Competition Manager, Gheorghe Hristov Facility Manager with another 6 members of the Local Organizing Committee. Rope Skipping and Aerobics Technical Committee members will organize their discipline. Almost 400 learners will be representing 8 provinces with over 100 teachers in a role of coaches, judges and managers. Four disciplines of gymnastics are part of the competitive program with school learners in the U13 and U15 age groups. 7 provinces take part with learners of U 15 age groups from special schools in the LSEN or Deaf disability section with the Level 1 program of different disciplines.
There will be more gymnastics events happening simultaneously:
- Region 5 Championship involving 5 Southern African countries at TUKs from 9-13 December. The Artistic Men and Women competitions will be held at Matsport Centre to give an opportunity for the School Games learners to watch higher level competitions.
- In addition to the competition SAGF will have teacher’s workshop on
9th December Team Gym at TUKS, 15:00-19:00 PM
10th December Rope Skipping at TUKS, 15:00-18:00 PM
11th December Parkour at Matsport, 16:00-18:00 PM
All teachers and club coaches are invited t to come and learn about these young ad or new disciplines, registration for these workshops is available online and is for free!
- The annual School’s Gymnastics Assembly will take place on 11th December inviting provincial and district coordinators of all participating provinces. Venue: Matsport Centre from 13:30-15:00PM
- Come and Play Open Day to promote health and fitness and fun gymnastics activities as a run up to the Perfect 10 Extravaganza.
Schools and clubs are invited with children to play and experience fundamental skills. To register a group and to claim a rope skipping started kit, send your reply form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you safe travels and all the best at this event.