SAGF sports three Momentum gsport awards nominations
On 1 August 2020 gsport released their 60 finalists for the upcoming Momentum gsport awards set to take place on 31 August 2020.
The South African Gymnastics Federation is represented over three categories this year.
Caitlin Rooskrantz is a finalist in the Emerging Athlete of the Year category, former President and current VP of African Gymnastics Union, Elizabeth Smith, is a finalist in the Special Recognition Award category while SA Gymnastics Federation has been shortlisted in the Federation of the Year category.
“We are absolutely thrilled to be nominated,” said CEO, Anne Vermaak. “The nomination shows that our efforts as a federation do not go unnoticed. As disappointed as we were when the Olympic Games was postponed, we are happy to see that Caitlin (Rooskrantz) is still on her way to become a household name within the South African sports realm.”
“My dream to represent South Africa at the Olympic Games hasn’t changed, only the timeline shifted,” said Rooskrantz, who was over the moon after making the shortlist.
Voting is now open gsport.co.za/voting at and will close at 6pm on Monday, 10 August. Winners will be announced at the virtual Momentum gsport Awards on 31 August 2020.
5 things to bear in mind as you prepare to support your Finalists:
Only logged-in gsport members are able to vote (Free membership on registration)
One point = 1 vote
You get 3 points each day for logging in
You can earn additional points by interacting in the gsport Community (Details below)
Voting in the gsport Awards is FREE! (Apart from your data to access gsport.co.za)
How to vote:
- Visit https://gsport.co.za, click on Vote Now
- Register by email, or automatically via Facebook (Just click the icon)
- Login to earn your points, and start voting to support your Finalists!
Please Note: If you are registering a new gsport membership using your email address (instead of your Facebook profile), please be sure to activate your registration by clicking on the link in the email sent to you (or copy and paste the link into your browser) – Only then will you receive your points for logging in, and be able to vote.
1. Membership is freely available to anyone (Strictly 1 gsport membership per person)
2. A member gains 3 points daily for logging in
3. The 3 daily points must be used to vote in 3 different voting categories
4. More votes can be earned by meeting Achievements (Details below)
5. A member must have at least 4 points to vote in the same category twice a day
6. No matter how many points you’ve earned, you cannot vote more than twice in the same category per day
How to Gain Bonus Points to Vote More Every Day:
Gain 1 Point for Registering as a Member on gsport
Receive 3 Points Each Day for Logging In
Follow a gsport Member and Collect 1 Point (max. 5 points per day)
Earn 5 Points per Approved Blog: Topic: 2020 gsport Awards Finalists and why an Awards platform is necessary to support South African women in sport (250 words minimum) (Must include a rights-free photo)
Comment on an Article, gain 1 Point (max. 5 points per day)