15 March 2019. The Young Leaders Conference was held at the Aviator Hotel, Kempton Park, Johannesburg on the 2nd and 3rd March 2019 and was presented by SAGF with the financial assistance of the SRSA.
he Young Leaders Conference is a critical part of the SAGF’s educational mission to develop leaders within gymnastics and within management. This conference provided the attendees the opportunity to participate in a series of leadership and self-development topics and as well as giving a platform to exchange ideas, discover new opportunities, reacquaint with colleagues, meet new friends, network and broaden their knowledge. Topics covered included various styles of leadership, communication skills, Gymnastics 4 Development, goal setting and action planning. It is expected that the attendees utilize their new found skills on their return to their Districts and Provinces.
We were very privileged to have Donny Jurgens facilitate the Conference. His passion for using gymnastics as a tool to address social ills is palpable and the candidates were very open to his ideas and suggestions in this regard.
- To inspire young men and women to seek or accept leadership responsibilities as part of their contribution to the South African Gymnastics Federation.
- To increase awareness of current and emerging leadership challenges.
- To develop a network of federation leaders to support future collaboration among these emerging leaders.
- To use gymnastics as a tool to promote equity and inclusion.
- To provide an understanding of the SAGF structure.
- To assist in personal goal setting and action plan creation.
Check this event Gallery Photos here: 2019 SAGF Young Leaders Conference Gallery .