IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING GYM GAMES @ UCT
We would like to thank everyone for their participation in these Games and ask you to please circulate this important information to all parties involved in the Games this week.
Within this circular you will find:
- Vendor information
- UCT Parking information
- Final Program information
- Technical Assembly / Coaches information
- Google Maps Location
- Vendor Information
- The University of Cape Town will have one tuck shop available for the entire event with food and beverages. (Cash & snap scan)
- Tybest Coffee will also be present. (Cash only)
- There is a restaurant that will be open during the week, however not the weekend or the public holiday of the 24th (Cash and card)
- SAGF will be selling the Gym Games Backpack as well as t-shirts for those who have not ordered. (Yoco credit card machine)
- SA Gym Games Backpack: R360
- SA Gym Games T-shirts: R170
- SAGF will also have a stand with our new Development Products and programs available, so please come and engage with Marti
- SAGF will also have a stand regarding Safeguarding together with The Guardian Group who will be available to do all fingerprint checks for criminal, sexual offenders & child protection register clearances. There will also be Dutch students conducting surveys in Safeguarding that we would appreciate your co-operation with.
Additionally, there will be leotard vendors, medal hanger designers and gymnastics equipment/ grips and powder for sale.
Please note that majority vendors will be using a cashless system, so it is strongly advised that you bring cards along. The coffee and tuck shop will accept cash.
- UCT Parking
No Parking on UCT is allowed, it is strictly only available to UCT students with the correct UCT parking discs on Monday 23rd, Wednesday 25th – Friday 27th September. On Tuesday, 24th and Saturday, 28th September (as it is a public holiday and weekend) parents may park in designated parking spots around the Sports Centre.
Parking around UCT is also very limited, we thus have the following suggestions:
- UBER to the competition and back to avoid the need for parking or walking long distances
- Parking is available at the lower campus by UCT Fitness Centre or along Woolsack Drive
- Should you wish to drive, we suggest you arrive an hour before your reporting time. The driver of the car may wish to do a “Stop and Drop” at the Information area just in front of the UCT Sports Complex and then find parking off campus and walk up
- Further parking may be available at The Baxter Theatre
Please note that if you park on upper and middle campus grounds, you will receive a ticket from the UCT Traffic Department.
- Final Programs
The final program for all disciplines is available on SAGF website on http://www.sagf.co.za/events/2019-sa-gym-games-cape-town/.
- Technically Assembly / Coaches Information from SAGF Management
SAGF Management will be presenting a brief summary of various matters. Detailed presentations of each section have been uploaded on the SAGF Website on http://www.sagf.co.za/events/sa-gym-games-technical-assembly-sagf-presentations/
We encourage all coaches to go through these presentations. Any queries or requests to join any of the Task Teams to please be communicated via the Province.
- Location information
The University of Cape Town
UCT Sports Centre
N Entrance Road/ Madiba Circle
7701, Rondebosch, Cape Town, 7700
We wish all gymnasts, coaches, judges, spectators and participants all the best with the event this week.